REMOTE SPEECH LANGUAGE FEEDING THERAPY AND TUTORING FOR STUDENTS & PARENT SUPPORT SERVICES FOR VIRTUAL ONLINE LEARNING
We are available to work with you 7 days a week from 8am-9pm
Phone: 347-394-3485 or 917-426-8880
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are offering all of our therapy and tutoring services remotely, seven days a week, 8 am-9 pm. We are also adding new PARENT SUPPORT SERVICES to help manage the student's virtual learning experience. We are here to help you during this crisis.
One of our many clients who has transferred over to remote learning.
Our tutor, Amy, has been incredible in transitioning our son to remote services. They are working together virtually every school day, and he is improving his reading. He loves working with Amy. Remote lessons have been so effective that we have asked Brooklyn Letters to set us up with a math tutor! ~ Lauren, mom of a 1st grader, April, 2020
We offer the following:
- Library of PDFs such as worksheets and handouts that can be organized by clinicians
- Ability to watch videos during session
- Screen sharing
- Recommend apps for learning
- Accountability: Parents can view lesson recordings and clips to ensure instruction and help students improve.
- We prep our materials in advance
- We walk our clients through our approach
- Perform online assessments
- We can share our lesson goals and notes with parents
- We can easily upload your child’s homework, assignments etc to our online platform.
Our Speech Language Pathologists, Literacy and Math Specialists do online assessments and evaluation services as well.
We are offering all of our evaluation services via video conferencing. The video conferencing platform we use is HIPAA (health privacy) compliant and includes many resources that make the evaluation process accessible and effective.
During the evaluation, one of our speech and language specialists will conduct an in depth interview with you to discuss your child’s language and communication skills. They will also give you easy step by step instructions to complete a small number of tasks with your child. Experts in our field have demonstrated that parents are extremely reliable reporters of their child’s behavior. During this evaluation session, we combine your expert knowledge about your child with our knowledge of speech and language skills to determine the best course of action.
SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY
Our speech language pathologists offer online remote services in the following areas,
- Adult Speech Language Therapy
- Bilingual Services
- Pronunciation (all ages)
- Early Childhood Expressive Language
- School Age Expressive Language
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (PDD, Aspergers)
- Listening Difficulties (auditory and language processing)
- Picky Eaters and Early Childhood Feeding Delays
- Augmentative and Alternative Therapy (AAC)
- Adult Speech Therapy
- Social Skills
PLEASE NOTE FOR REMOTE SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY SERVICES:
- We are only licensed to practice in New York State. Please note that if you don't live in New York State, we need to contact your state, if you live in the United States, to confirm that your state allows for speech therapy telepractice. In other words, where you are located dictates the state laws for licensed speech language therapy. If you live in Arizona, Arizona may only allow licensed Arizona speech language therapists to work with Arizona residents. This premise is based on the need to adhere to the requirements for admission to the profession and to the standards for professional practice developed by the Legislature and Board of Regents to insure maximum public protection.
- Also, in accordance with New York State statute, we are fully licensed with current registration and we are required to practice in New York State. All New York State-licensed professionals are responsible for adhering to the same laws, rules and regulations, and for upholding the same standards and competencies when engaging in telepractice as they are when practicing without the use of technology over a distance. This understanding is essential to ensure public protection and the integrity of the profession.
- Telepractice should supplement, not replace, face-to-face provision of professional services when they are appropriate or desired by consumers. There is a risk that, to reduce costs, unethical or ill-prepared practitioners may cut corners in the delivery of care to New York State consumers through technology. We must ensure that the use of telepractice is not substituted for one-on-one direct service delivery when that is the more appropriate mode of care. We must also ensure that the standards used in telepractice are consistent with those employed in face-to-face professional practice.
LITERACY & MATH SPECIALISTS
Our literacy and math specialists offer online remote services in the following areas,
Our multidisciplinary team of professionals hold advanced degrees and have many years of experience working with students with and without learning differences. They support students in academics, reading/math/writing skills, test prep and study skills.
PARENT AND FAMILY SUPPORT SERVICES FOR VIRTUAL LEARNING AND HOMESCHOOLING
Our professional staff will help parents of students K-8 with their family's virtual learning program this spring and summer. Support services are remote and custom designed to parents needs, and student's grade, abilities, specific learning needs, and classroom curriculum. Our staff are knowledgeable of private and public school K-8 curriculum and local and state curriculum.
Services might include creating daily and weekly schedules, managing academic needs, class assignments, organizing digital documents, researching student resources, project planning and time management, designing activities for downtime, and supplementing teacher lessons. Professionals will collaborate with parents, tutors, teachers, other professionals, and will follow the school s curriculum.
We ensure that the standards used in online tutoring are consistent with those used in face-to-face sessions.
- We specialize in tutoring students who are struggling with learning differences focusing, organizing, studying, test-taking reading, writing, math, languages, and other subject areas. Our literacy and math specialists work with homeschoolers and offer online tutoring options.
- We customize curricula, starting with careful assessments, then applying developmentally appropriate methods and strategies. The student's current academic material is an important focus, but strengthening core skills is crucial because that will last a lifetime. We coach students to learn how to organize, plan, prioritize, focus, avoid distraction, and keep track of materials and tasks.
- Goals include improving memory and information retention, spending more focused time on tasks and completing them, decreasing procrastination, organizing schoolwork, managing time more effectively, and learning to think carefully before acting. Specialists model and support the application of skills in the appropriate context. They put the student in the driver s seat to best generalize these skills without holding the steering wheel.
Our tutors are experienced in coaching organizational skills, time management, and other executive functioning skills as well.
As parents, you may be entering into unknown territory in assisting your student in his or her remote studies. We understand that times have changed so that methods we used when we were in school may not be the same as those that your students are required to use. Our specialists are here to help you, the parents, in any way you need. We can coach you in managing your student’s time, school work, even in how to do some of this schoolwork. Just let us know how we can help YOU!
RATES AND PAYMENT
Payment by PayPal, Venmo, Zelle etc. is required in advance of speech-language, literacy and math tutoring sessions. Group rates (max 2 per children per group) are available if you know of an interested child who has similar learning or speech language needs.
Speech Language Pathology: $140-$180 per hour, $120-$160 45 minutes, $100-$120 30 minutes
Literacy & Math Tutoring: $120-$175 per hour
*Please note that these rates include pre and post session preparation time and communication with our clients. We can provide our clients with post session homework and resources to help them with their goals. Behind the scenes our staff has unwavering support from the CEO and Director of Brooklyn Letters (no charge to families). We also work with top notch NYC Metro area professionals, who are happy to collaborate with us and our clients when needed.
For more information on Speech, Language and Feeding, please click read this article from the American Speech-Language Pathology Association.
We understand that services may not be limited to an hourly situation, as each child and family'situation is different in regard to specific needs. Therefore, we will, at times, have varying rates depending on the particular situation.
Speech, Language, Feeding Rates
$155-$180 for 60 minutes
$135-$160 for 45 minutes
$105-$120 for 30 minutes
Literacy & Math Tutoring Rates
$140-$175 Per Hour
Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island, Westchester, & New Jersey
Speech, Language, Feeding Rates
$140-$175 for 60 minutes
$120-$140 for 45 minutes
$100-$115 for 30 minutes
Literacy & Math Tutoring Rates
$120-$155 Per Hour
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You ll require a computer, smartphone or tablet with high speed internet connection, and, if not built into your computer, a webcam and headset.
It is most appropriate for school-age children or adults who demonstrate the ability to focus on the speech language therapy, literacy and math tutoring session and do not require hands-on physical cueing. The client will also have to demonstrate progress to support continuation of online speech language therapy, literacy and math tutoring services. We screen all clients before starting, ensuring that the client is the appropriate candidate for online speech language therapy, literacy and math tutoring services.
Sessions are arranged at a convenient time during the day, evening or weekends. Sessions are scheduled in advance (we need at least 24-48 hour notice). The session lengths are 30, 45, or 60 minutes long. We will discuss the appropriate session length and frequency with you before getting started.
Access to high-quality speech language therapy, literacy and math services from New York-licensed speech language therapists/pathologists, literacy and math specialists from the convenience of your online device.
- Computer processor of 1 GHz minimum, 2 GHz preferred. Broadband internet with minimum of 256 kbps upload (DSL or cable); 512 kbps preferred
- Webcam (if not built into your computer)
- Good-quality speakers (if not build into your computer)
- Good-quality microphone or an auxiliary microphone (if not built into your computer)
- Appropriate software, e.g. SKYPE, FaceTime, Google+ Hangout, or iChat installed onto your computer
- Optional: a headset with microphone and speaker
- Binder with paper, writing utensil, possibly a hole puncher and a folder
- Record of home practice sessions; some clients will also require a therapy kit of small items
- It is also crucial that you practice your speech language therapy homework on a consistent basis
- Printer to print out homework or additional exercises
- Erasable whiteboard with marker