The speech, language, feeding, and literacy team travel to your Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, or Bronx home or school. The other professionals below travel to your home. Some of these professionals, in addition to making home visits, also have offices. Other Brooklyn Letters professionals prefer to work in their offices and do not make home visits.
Speech Language Therapy and Literacy Support
We travel throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, and the Bronx.
Here’s more info. about our speech therapy and reading staff.
347-394-3485 & [email protected] (immediate response)
Carolyn Kessler, PHD
- HOURS: Monday & Wednesday 5-7 PM; Tuesday & Thursday 4-7 PM
- LOCATION: Office: 406 7th Ave in Park Slope, Brooklyn and your Brooklyn home.
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Individual therapy, Consultation to parents and schools, Assessment
- EXPERTISE: Cognitive Behavioral therapy, parent training, autism spectrum disorders/developmental and learning disabilities, anxiety and mood disorders, behavioral disorders, potty training, assessment (diagnostic and neuropsychological)
- AGES: All ages of children and adolescents
- CONTACT: [email protected], 919-280-2151
- PAYMENT: Private Pay
Annette Hernandez, Ph. D.
- HOURS: Thursdays 10-8
- LOCATION: South Slope
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Individual therapy, parent consultations, family sessions
- EXPERTISE: Cognitive-behavioral therapy, child/adolescent therapy, evidence-based treatment
- AGES: Birth-50
- CONTACT: [email protected], 917-519-3082
- PAYMENT: Private Pay
Lindsay Whitman (Neuropsychologist)
- HOURS: Flexible.
- LOCATION: Dr. Whitman works with you to determine if an office or home based evaluation is best for your child. If office-based work is preferred, the evaluation will be completed in Dr. Whitman’s office at One Grand Central Place, 305 Madison Avenue in Manhattan. If a home-based evaluation is appropriate, Dr. Whitman will evaluate your child in your Brooklyn or Manhattan home.
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Neuropsychological and psychoeducational evaluations for children and adolescents. Dr. Whitman also conducts neuropsychological evaluations with adult populations presenting with cognitive concerns related to possible ADHD, intellectual disability, traumatic brain injury, memory disorder, or dementia. She is also certified coach for Cogmed, a computer-based attention and working memory training program.
- EXPERTISE: Dr. Whitman is specifically trained in the evaluation of children and adults with learning disabilities, developmental delay, intellectual disability, ADHD, and autism spectrum disorders. She also has expertise in the cognitive evaluation of children with epilepsy/seizures, traumatic brain injury, and potential prenatal toxic exposure (alcohol, lead).
- AGES: 4 years of age through adulthood.
- CONTACT: [email protected], 347-560-1399
- PAY: Private Pay
Clinical Social Worker and Psychotherapist
Fara Jones, M.A., LCSW
- HOURS: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 10am-7pm;
- LOCATION: Park Slope, Windsor Terrace
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Individual, couples and family therapy
- EXPERTISE: Parenting and family therapy, adolescents, anxiety and depression, trauma-focused cognitive-behavioral therapy, creative arts therapy
- AGES: 5-up
- CONTACT: [email protected], 917-359-3335
- PAYMENT: Private Pay, Sliding Scale, Out-of-Network
Richard Kahn, M.S.
- HOURS: Services are available the first Saturday of the month.
- LOCATION: Park Slope, Windsor Terrace, Brooklyn Heights, Dumbo
- EXPERTISE: Feeding problems and underweight all types of children.
- AGES: 6 months to 5 years old
- CONTACT: [email protected], 917-232-5373
- PAYMENT: Private Pay
Blythe Grossberg, Psy.D.
- HOURS: After school, weekends, and some appointments during free
periods at school
- LOCATION: Brooklyn
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Individual
- EXPERTISE: Remediation of learning issues, including ADHD and executive function issues, dyslexia and other language disorders, math disorders, Asperger’s Syndrome, and others
- AGES: students in grades 5-12 and college students
- CONTACT: [email protected]
Lynn-Marie Herlihy, MS, OTR/L
- HOURS: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8am to 5pm
- LOCATION: Park Slope area only
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Occupational Therapy evaluations, individual treatment sessions, parent and/or school consultations, school staff inservices
- EXPERTISE: Sensory Integration treatment, fine motor development, visual-motor and visual-perceptual deficits, handwriting/pre-writing skills
- AGES: Birth through elementary school
- CONTACT: [email protected], 646-KidsOT1 (646-543-7681)
- PAYMENT: Private Pay; Out-of-network health insurance
Neeha Patel, OTD, OTR/L
- LOCATION: Home, school, or community visits in Manhattan and Brooklyn; Possible clinic visits in Manhattan
- TYPE OF SERVICES: Occupational Therapy evaluations, Sensory Integration and Praxis Test evaluations, individual treatment sessions, group treatment sessions, parent consultations, teacher consultations
- EXPERTISE: Sensory Integration (SIPT certified), fine motor development, visual-motor and visual-perceptual deficits, handwriting/pre-writing skills, social skills, early childhood mental health, parent training and family-centered approach
- AGES: Birth through middle school
- CONTACT: [email protected], 617-684-5430
- PAYMENT: Private Pay and Out of Network